Welcome to Moped Luau!!

Aloha!! Welcome to Moped Luau!! A blog devoted to Two-Stroke mopeds and scooters. On da menu: Puch mopeds with side order Hondas, Vespas, Yamahas, and whatevah else that go braaaaap. Get some grindz and feed your Two-Stroke face.

Friday, November 13, 2015

Lusito Lever Brake Light Switch Problem Solved!!

I used Lusito levers on both my Puch No. 5 Pinto build and Magnum build. I like them cause they are stylish and cheap. The only drawback is they don't come with a hole for brake light switches. Below his how I overcame this problem and keeping it super clean at the same time:




1)  Bought a Miniature Limit Switch from Radio Shack for 4 bucks:

Limit Switch
2)  Made an aluminum mounting plate.  Used the original screw and nut that hold the lever on to mount the plate.  Simply position the switch to click on when the lever is depressed.  I used double sided tape to hold it on but I might glue it with epoxy eventually when the tape wears out.

Plate and switch
3)  Solder the wires on and be sure to insulate them.  I used paint on the ends as an insulation.  That's all to it!!

Brake Light in effect!!
Here is an even cleaner version I did for my Pinto build:

Clean

Clean

Almost looks factory
Happy Tuning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment