Welcome to Moped Luau!!

Aloha!! Welcome to Moped Luau!! A blog devoted to Two-Stroke mopeds and scooters. On da menu: Puch mopeds with side order Hondas, Vespas, Yamahas, and whatevah else that go braaaaap. Get some grindz and feed your Two-Stroke face.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring is finally here...

Tokyo, Japan
Sakura (cherry blossoms) blooming is a sign that Spring is finally here in Japan.  The locals say:

春たけなわ
(Haru Takenawa = Spring is here)

In my case, it signals the end of one addiction (snowboarding) and the beginning of my primary one:

TWO-STROKIN'!!!










Let me get some spring cleaning our of the way and do a quick blog review and project update:

I started this blog sometime in the fall of last year.  At that time, I was still in the process in legalizing my Puch Maxi for Japanese streets.  By the time I got my paperwork in order, winter was around the corner and couldn't (or more like didn't want to) ride in the cold.  Riding in the cold was something I wasn't accustomed to being from Hawaii.  I also had to put all projects on hold since I don't have a covered garage and my patio was too cold to turn a wrench.  Yet another thing that I wasn't used to for having tropical blood!!  I left my bike in hibernation for the winter.

Slumber status of my bike:

Wake Up!!
Puch Maxi
ZA50 slightly port matched
First gear clutch lightened "red" spring (uncut) flipped
Second gear clutch lightened "blue" spring (uncut)
75cc Gilardoni Kit
8 Pedal V-Force Reeds
TM24 Mikuni Carb
Custom intake manifold
Homoet 8p "cigar" pipe
Powerdynamo CDI
21 tooth front sprocket
35 tooth rear sprocket




Some projects or mods I have in mind for this spring are:

Install a Tecno Estoril pipe de-restricted
Fabricate 32 tooth rear sprocket
Install Japan Michelin 2.50 x 17 tires
Fabricate pull start conversion
E-50 Polini Dio intake motor project


So stay tuned for more project write ups and Puch adventures on the streets of Japan!!...

A view down my street!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment