Welcome to Moped Luau!!

Aloha!! Welcome to Moped Luau!! A blog devoted to Two-Stroke mopeds and scooters. On da menu: Puch mopeds with side order Hondas, Vespas, Yamahas, and whatevah else that go braaaaap. Get some grindz and feed your Two-Stroke face.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

ZA50 Clutch Update

Good time to do a clutch performance update on my ZA50.  Installed these first and second gear clutches about a year ago.  I blasted around Japan at least a good 100 miles on them.  Typical Gila wear and tear starting to show.  I'm gonna try to use better transmission oil to prevent this.  I'm was using Type F but will try 0w20w or 5w10w synthetics next.


Some broken clutch fragments shown on top

Opposite side

Got to replace it soon

I hope it holds up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment