Welcome to Moped Luau!!

Aloha!! Welcome to Moped Luau!! A blog devoted to Two-Stroke mopeds and scooters. On da menu: Puch mopeds with side order Hondas, Vespas, Yamahas, and whatevah else that go braaaaap. Get some grindz and feed your Two-Stroke face.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Custom Autisa Manifold

This is my attempt to finally make a custom manifold for my old school Autisa kit.  The initial manifold I used was from a Magnum X bike.  For some reason it kept leaking compression.  For this manifold, I used a steel plate and a pipe from an old handle bar.  I attempted to weld it using an Easy Mig welder.  Not the best welding equipment because there was no speed and temperature controls.  Just straight flux core with high or low settings.  But I can't blame everything on the welder.  My weld skillz suck too!!  It started off 'bird shitty', but the end product can speak for itself.  Check it out:

Bird shitty...
0% welding skillz...
100% grinding skillz...
and 110% JB Weld skillz!!!
360 view with paint job
The fit up...

Comin comin at ya!!

with the carb...

Keep Tuning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment